We have bought 12 yearlings from the Arqana and Goffs Premier Sales
As you may have read in our 'sales preview story' here, we have been busy at firstly, Arqana in Deauville and this week at the Goffs Premier Sale.
Tim says: "Other than the ridiculous market on the opening two days of the boutique Arqana August yearling sale, we’ve found the market very sensible so far, just so long as you don’t become a slave to fashion. Sensible application of our usual principles have enabled us to secure the vast majority of our favourite yearlings, and almost exclusively, they’ve come in, on budget.
We have added three from France and nine from Goffs after careful research, inspection, vetting and consultation with our bloodstock agents and trainers. No stone goes unturned to ensure that these yearlings will represent their owners with distinction on the racecourse in 2020 and we stuck to our principles - only buying when we think there's value. That doesn't just mean cheap; Camelot was 525,000gns and Lily's Angel was £8,000, but, crucially, both represented value.
We’re probably halfway through our purchasing roster, and having already added Joseph O'Brien to our trainers’ team, we are delighted to announce that Tom Ward (former assistant to Richard Hannon) will be joining the MPR trainers’ ranks; we will be placing a yearling with him at his Lambourn base. We also have a shopping list to place yearlings in Newmarket with Michael Bell, Marco Botti, David Lanigan and Sir Mark Prescott, as well as Tom Dascombe, David O'Meara and Kevin Ryan at present, although other horse and trainer combinations may arise whilst we are at the remaining sales!
All these yearlings have a separate page, showing their photos, pedigree page, biography, share prices and videos. The three French horses are already on the road to being racehorses at their pre training yard, with videos of them being lunged in the ring, also included on their pages.
You can view all their details here:
Firstly, we welcome JOSEPH O'BRIEN to our training team for the first time, with - a colt by ELZAAM.
Keith Dalgleish - A colt by MAYSON.
Richard Fahey - A filly by SHOWCASING.
Richard Hannon - Five colts, by ACCLAMATION, ESTIDHKAAR and MAXIOS.
Ben Haslam - A colt by FAST COMPANY.
Mark Johnston - Two colts by DREAM AHEAD and INTELLO and a filly by NO NAY NEVER.
Prices start at £975 for a 2.5% full ownership share.
When buying a share with Middleham Park Racing, we give you:
- Coming up for 25 years of syndicate management experience!
- More winners than any other UK syndicate.
- Individual horse management by a full time manager, who is available to owners at any time.
- Considered race placement and planning by our knowledgeable team - we don't just leave it to the trainers!
- Race previews and reviews from your syndicate manager and we'll keep you informed of what your trainer reports.
- You own the share and receive prize money, race mementos and returns from when the horse is sold (commensurate with the % share holding).
- Race day hosting to look after owners at the races.
- Complimentary Owners and Trainers badge (one with a 2.5% share and two with 5%) organised for you when your horse runs-just tell us if you would like to go!
- Stable visits and social gatherings-our annual Doncaster Lincoln day owners box is a must attend event!
- No additional fees are due for the horse during it's racing career-we pay any vets bills incurred.
- Owner opinions taken on board and owners consulted and asked to vote regarding the potential sale of a horse.
- Positive industry relations with bloodstock agents and trainers, ensures horse profiles are to the fore and values are maximised.
- Use of top jockeys at our disposal-Silvestre De Sousa, Ryan Moore and Danny Tudhope are no strangers to our silks.
- A professional website with current information on all horses including up to date entries, declarations, Racing Post form, pedigrees, photo galleries, videos, current news and up to the minute statistics.
- Monthly newsletter and a dedicated social media feed that is current and informative.
We hope to welcome you to the MPR family, where your 2020 winners await you!
Any questions? Get in touch with us here: email@example.com