Starspangledbanner ex Addictedtoprogress colt
Shares Available - 95%
The following share prices include: Purchase price, sales house & bloodstock agents commission, 'Plus 10 bonus' registration (if applicable), vetting, transport and training fees until 28 Feb 2022:
25% share available @ £33,750 upfront and £784 per month from 1st March 2022
15% share available @ £20,250 upfront and £500 per month from 1st March 2022
10% share available @ £13,500 upfront and £335 per month from 1st March 2022
5% share available @ £6,750 upfront and £180 per month from 1st March 2022
2.5% share available @ £3,375 upfront and £97.50 per month from 1st March 2022
Purchased at the Tattersalls Book 2 Sale, this colt is by the Coolmore Stallion STARSPANGLEDBANNER: https://coolmore.com/farms/ireland/stallions/starspangledbanner
- European Champion Sprinter
- The best son of Choisir and closely related to multiple Group 1 winners Haradasun and Elvstroem
- Won the Group 1 Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot just like his sire Choisir
- Won the Group 1 July Cup at Newmarket like leading sire Oasis Dream
- Won the Group 1 Oakleigh Plate just like the exceptional sire Fastnet Rock
- Won the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas in a faster time than the proven sires Redoute’s Choice & Lonhro
- Yearlings in 2020 sold for 360,000gns, 200,000gns, £170,000, 170,000gns, 140,000gns, £130,000, 130,000gns, €125,000, 125,000gns etc
- Thought this was a nice quote from the Coolmore website - ‘Speed, Power, Class & Good Looks!’
It’s always a fascinating dilemma, when purchasing a yearling, or any unraced horse, for that matter, especially on a middle market budget like ours, whether to prioritise pedigree over the individual, or individual over pedigree. Fortunately, in the case of this stunning looking son of STARSPANGLEDBANNER, you can have BOTH.
We’ve had plenty of success over the years with progeny of the great Starspangledbanner, most notably, The Rosstafarian, who was placed at black type level for us and also ran in the Group 2 Craven Stakes and Irish 2000 Guineas in 2021. He was recently sold, at the end of his GB career, to Hong Kong, for a very hefty, arguably, life changing sum for his lucky owners.
One would struggle to find a more stunning, imposing, or better moving model and, in this colt, one has the surety that the mare has already produced the Group/Grade 2 performing fillies Goodthingstaketime and Miss Gathering. Both were winners as 2 year olds, both were by Canford Cliffs. This colt represents the first colt out of the mare therefore. Without wishing to offend the exploits of Canford Cliffs’ progeny, Starspangledbanner’s offspring would be in a different stratosphere, ability wise. This colt is out of a Holy Roman Emperor mare, Holy Roman Emperor tends to impart speed and precocity.
See his walk and profile here:
He’ll go to Michael Bell, trainer of Motivator, Sariska, Margo Did, Big Orange, Pretty Pollyanna and The Lir Jet and he looks like a first half of the 2022 Flat season debutant to us. He could very very easily take us to some very fashionable places throughout his 2yo and 3yo careers.
Furthermore, he’s the sort of horse who would be most sought after by the likes of Hong Kong and America, were he to ply his trade at a very high level over here.
A very exciting recruit indeed.