Rory The Cat
*From the Goffs Premier Yearling Sale 2021. The sale where we purchased our Group 1 winner and Champion European 2yo 2013; TOORMORE (£36,000), Group 2 winner VENTURA TORMENTA and dual Group 2 winner KOOL KOMPANY (£40,000)*
- European Champion Sprinter
- The best son of Choisir and closely related to multiple Group 1 winners Haradasun and Elvstroem
- Won the Group 1 Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot just like his sire Choisir
- Won the Group 1 July Cup at Newmarket like leading sire Oasis Dream
- Won the Group 1 Oakleigh Plate just like the exceptional sire Fastnet Rock
- Won the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas in a faster time than the proven sires Redoute’s Choice & Lonhro
- Yearlings in 2020 sold for 360,000gns, 200,000gns, £170,000, 170,000gns, 140,000gns, £130,000, 130,000gns, €125,000, 125,000gns etc
- Thought this was a nice quote from the Coolmore website - ‘Speed, Power, Class & Good Looks!’
TRAINER: Keith Dalgleish
We’ve had plenty of success over the years with progeny of the great Starspangledbanner, most notably, The Rosstafarian, who was placed at black type level for us and also ran in the Group 2 Craven Stakes and Irish 2000 Guineas in 2021. He was recently sold, at the end of his GB career, to Hong Kong, for a very hefty, arguably, life changing sum for his lucky owners.
Here's a Racing Post Bloodstock story on Starspangledbanner: https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/he-injects-speed-and-class-high-flying-starspangledbanner-defying-the-odds/494885
We fell in love with our latest Starspangledbanner acquisition, at Goffs UK, as soon as we saw him. He’s a stunning chestnut, with plenty of strength, but a degree of athleticism and elegance too. He’s blessed with poise and great movement (one of the best movers of the week, we thought).
He’s a full brother to a very talented horse, and hails from a fabulous farm, who produce Group winners’ year in, year out. He’s a good size who won’t just be a sharp and early whizzbanger. He possesses plenty of room for development, through to his 3yo career, even.
We can see him shaping up into a very talented 2yo indeed, plying much of his trade around the top Scottish and northern England tracks, with the occasional foray south, chasing bigger prizes, and winning more than his fair share, no doubt.
Walk and Profile Video: