How it works
Whether you are considering becoming a racehorse owner for the first time, or have been one in your own right or perhaps are with another syndicate, there’s really only one factor that sets us apart from others in the industry-we are the UK’S winning-most racing syndicate.
What Middleham Park Racing offers, is the opportunity for the average person to have the perks of owning a racehorse, without the risk, associated costs and administration of having to buy a whole horse yourself. We make horse racing at the very highest level affordable.
We run single horse syndicates, where you can purchase a share from 2.5% upwards. There are no ‘specific share packages’ as it depends how much we buy a horse for, as to the % share costs. Owners can choose their own ‘packages’, some buy a small % in one or even a few horses with different trainers, some choose to have horses under both codes for ‘all year round’ racing, it is completely up to individual preferences.
With us, you buy a percentage of a horse rather than buying into the company as a whole and you become a registered owner at Weatherbys. We are not a racing ‘club’ and so we use the term 'OWNER', rather than 'member': You don't get lost in the crowd with MPR. The upfront cost of buying your chosen share is a one off payment for the share throughout the racing career of the horse-no further payment is requested. When your horse earns racing prize money, the percentage of the horse you purchased is the percentage of the winnings you receive, the same applies to earnings if the horse is sold. With a 2.5% share, you receive a free Owners & Trainers badge when your horse races and two with a 5% purchase.
Read our full FAQ’s here
Every horse has a designated syndicate manager, who will keep you up to date on its training progress, explain race planning and give race previews & reviews, as well as being a host at the racecourse for owners. We encourage our owners in each syndicate to have an active input into the plans for their horse, including which races they should run in or if they wish to sell the horse when an offer is received.
We hold regular exclusive stable visits to see your horse at the yard, giving you the opportunity to talk with your trainer regarding plans and progress. For many owners, it’s evident that it’s not just about the winning with the horses, it’s also about seeing them, bonding with them and spending time with fellow syndicate members. This photograph above is from a visit to the Richard Hannon stables, with owners seeing their horses paraded for them.
The social side of ownership with us is fundamental, the camaraderie within each syndicate is all part of the enjoyment. Get-togethers are always fun filled occasions, whether it be a drinks evening prior to a stable visit, a visit to a local hostelry afterwards or a private box at a prestigious race meeting. Our annual private box on Lincoln day to launch the flat season at Doncaster is always a fun occasion! Owners involved share a common interest and fast become friends though their love of their horse. In fact, some meet up outside of race days because of the companionship they form through MPR.
The professional knowledge and skills of the team are in place to ensure we give you the best chance of seeing a winner’s trophy or photograph sitting proudly on your mantelpiece. We have after all had owners who have been with us for over 20 years, so we must be doing something right!
When buying a share with Middleham Park Racing, the benefits are:
- Individual horse management by a full time manager, who is well versed in race conditions and the fixture book!
- Considered race placement and planning by our knowledgeable team.
- Race previews and reviews from your syndicate manager and we'll keep you informed of what your trainer reports.
- Your syndicate manager is available to every owner by phone or email at any time.
- A full share holder receive's prize money, race mementos and returns from when the horse is sold.
- Race day hosting to look after our owners at the races and guide new owners through the day.
- Complimentary Owners and Trainers badge-one with a 2.5% share and two with 5%-organised for you when your horse runs-just tell us if you would like to go and we will do the rest! (There are no ballots for badges within our syndicates.)
- Restricted numbers within each syndicate so you don't get 'lost in the crowd.'
- Runners and plenty of winners at prestigious race meetings in the UK and abroad. (View 'Our Record' to see the races we have won.)
- Exclusive stable visits and social gatherings organised.
- No additional fees are due for the horse-we pay any vets bills incurred.
- Owner opinions taken on board and owners consulted and asked to vote regarding the potential sale of a horse.
- Positive industry relations with bloodstock agents and trainers, ensures horse profiles are to the fore, careers are well managed and their values are maximised for owners.
- Use of top jockeys at our disposal-Champion jockey Silvestre De Sousa and Ryan Moore are no strangers to our silks-just see our website images!
- A professional website with current information on all horses including up to date entries, declarations, Racing Post form, pedigrees, photo galleries, videos, current news and up to the minute statistics.
- Monthly newsletter and a dedicated social media feed that is current and informative.
We hope to welcome you to the MPR family, where your 2019 winners await you.
Tim and the team.