Over the years of having horses with Marco Botti, we’ve learned that he almost has a sixth sense where horses are concerned. He sees things in the physique and movement of a horse that others do not. He has the ability to offer insight into a horse’s thinking and way of doing things. Having spent his whole life in and around horses, he’s no doubt picked this unique talent up. He’s a very shrewd judge; about as shrewd as we’ve encountered.
He sees things, for example, in a breeze, that others do not. Every breeze up horse we have had with Marco has won races and the lowest rated was a 3-time winner off 78, others have been rated over 100 and have been sold on for multiple times their purchase price. It’s fair to say, that with each Breeze Ups purchase the horse concerned, wouldn’t have been too near the top most agents’ lists, yet they have, typically, gone on for us to compete in an Italian Derby and Oak’s Trials no less.
This colt’s breeze wouldn’t lure in too many, given he’s been very very green, ears pricked mostly, throughout. He’s just galloped up nice and steady, with a whole heap still to learn. Marco’s eye and judgment when he went to see him back at the sales complex, was that he could see a horse who could only develop and go the right way under his tutelage.
See his walk video here:
Here is his breeze:
The Gurkha has made a very solid start to his stallion career, he was the winner of the French 2000 Guineas and Sussex Stakes and he throws some beautiful stock.
- Dual Group 1 wining miler (Sussex Stakes, French 2000 Guineas)
- Won French 2000 Guineas decisively (5 1/2 lengths)
- Won his Sussex Stakes in a quicker time than Kingman and both Frankel’s wins
- First crop included the German Champion 2 yo (Best of Lips)
- He’s by Galileo (Coolmore bred)
- He’s out of a Group 3 winning 2yo by Danehill Dancer
- From the family of champion sire Green Dancer
- Joint Champion 3yo miler in Europe in 2016
- Close 2nd in both the Coral-Eclipse and St James’ Palace
- Earned just under £1 million in prize money (£996,217)
Read more about his sire here: https://coolmore.com/farms/ireland/stallions/the-gurkha
This chestnut colt is no exception, he has stunning looks and superb movement. He’s a sensational walker and his action in the breeze is a lovely, taking one. He’s out a winning, winner producing, Exceed And Excel mare who hails from the family of Mr Brooks, First Trump and Misheer, so this fellow is certainly bred to go a bit.
We can’t wait to see Marco work his magic again with our latest Breeze Ups acquisition. He’s never let us down; in Marco, we trust!
Pedigree Update (June 14th): A GROUP 2 win for the sire!
Training Update: You can watch him working upsides in the video below: